November 20, 2014

Budget: Special Effect Nails with Essence



Essence is a low budget brand that does not test on animals and is available in many countries all over the world. I like their glittery Special Effect Toppers, especially when we're getting closer to the Holidays. For this look I used the 101 Dalmatians topper. This is not a new topper, but as it is a budget product it is always good to shed a light on it. Not everyone is able to buy expensive nailpolish or finds that its worth the money... but everyone deserves pretty nails.

Now, I am one of those people that thinks nailpolish is not worth the money. Maybe it's because I am just really bad at keeping my nails pretty. I break, chip or ruin them in any other way possible, whenever I can. So buying expensive nailpolish just seems like a wast of money to me. However.. I try my best ...

For this look I used Special Effect Topper by Essence in 101 Dalmatians and Neo Whimsical by Essie.


How to do it:
  1. Apply any base coat
  2. (optional) I use the Jessica Quick Dry 60 Second Drying oil in between, because I don't have the patience to sit and let my nailpolish  dry (or to apply it at all for that matter).
  3. Apply any kind of color nailpolish you like. I applied two layers of Essie's Neo Whimsical.
  4. Apply the 101 Dalmatians topcoat. Again I apply '60 second dry' to have it dry quick.  I only applied one layer of top coat. If you want more black and white dots you can apply more layers.
In the US you can buy Essence online through Ulta.com or in Walgreens and drugstores. In Holland you can also find Essence in drugstores like Kruidvat and Etos. To find a store near you check out this website.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!