November 29, 2014

Yankee Candle Christmas Collection

 
One of my favorite candle brands is Yankee Candle, and every holiday they come up with a special range of candles, tarts, votives & tea lights. For Christmas they have come up with a few delicious scents like Snowflake Cookie, Snow in Love, Christmas Rose & Candy Cane Lane. How cute are those names? I ordered some of them and will let you know which ones are my fave...

 
I love love love food scents, so most of the scents I ordered have some sort of food smell. I ordered 4 Tarts Wax Melts in Snow in LoveChristmas Cookie, Christmas Rose & Candy Cane Lane and a Jar Candle in Snowflake Cookie. The tarts are much cheaper ($1,99) than the jar candles ($10,99 for the small size), which is great, because that way you can try out different scents before you purchase the bigger and more expensive jar.
 
Now, for the tart you simply cut a piece out of it and place it on top of a wax melt warmer, so it melts (duh). You only need a little piece at a time, because it lasts quite a while and gives off a strong enough scent too.
 
Snow in Love: "Fall in love with this delightful blend of creamy, comforting woods and wintry powder freshness."
 
This is this tart I tried out first, as you can see from the picture above. And it is delish. It is not sweet or flowery, but has a very special smell, which I can't really describe. I guess the descriptions is accurate in saying it's creamy and wintry. Basically, you have to smell it to understand.
 
Christmas Cookie: "Buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday sugar cookies."
 
O MY GOD. Cookies cookies cookies. It definitely has a buttery sweet smell. A bit like dough. If you don't like heavy food scents, this might be too strong of a food scent for you. But if you do like food scents, get 10.
 

 
Christmas Rose: "Christmas memories bloom in the authentic perfume of delicate rose petals with a hint of pine."
 
The only flower scents I really really love are those of Rose and Jasmine. I can't say anything else but that this rose scent is exactly how I want it. It is soft and not overpowering in any way. I don't smell the pine though.
 
Candy Cane Lane: "A favorite holiday place, where delicious dreams are made, with tingly peppermint, sweet cookies and creamy vanilla icing."
 
This tart smells like something I've smelled at LUSH, but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is. It is a very different scent. It has a freshness, because of the peppermint, but you definitely smell the candy as well. I'm not sure if I would like my whole house to smell like this forever though.
 

Snowflake Cookie: "A new Chrismas tradition that is sure to charm: perfectly pretty holdiay cookies, deliciously decorated wth sugary pink icing."

I definitely like Snowflake Cookie the most, because it is so SWEET. I couldn't describe the smell any better than the description does. And besides that, I love the pink color and the label on the jar. I would buy it only for that reason <3

If you're from the US you can order Yankee Candle here & here if you're from the Netherlands!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!