November 27, 2014

Review: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

 
 
When I see HOURGLASS at Sephora, I just want to grab everything and go. I love their advertising and the way the products are packaged. However, I had never actually tried a product. About 2 months ago I ordered the Veil Mineral Primer with SPF15. Does it do anything for me? Is it as good as it looks and promises? Here's the verdict...  

I ordered the Veil Mineral Primer from Sephora.com, where you can choose from two sizes: 1 oz. which is $52 and 0.33 oz. (the one I got) which is $18.......mmyeah. Expensive! The reason I chose to try it out regardless of the price has to do with the ingredients. The primer has SPF15 with 'mineral-derived physical sunscreen' Titanium and Zinc Oxide. It is free of fragrance, sulfates, nanoparticles, oil, phthalates, gluten, synthetic dyes AND is not tested on animals. Great!
 

 
The HOURGLASS promise: 'This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.'.... sounds amazing!

Now. First off, I like the tiny matte glass bottle that this primer comes in. It's cute and has a luxurious feel. Secondly, the texture of the primer is very nice. It has a lotion like consistency (a bit runny) that is easy to apply and not greasy. It has a little bit of a blue tone to it, but you don't see that once you have applied the primer. The smell is very nice and clean.



The verdict:

I only need one pump to cover my whole face. That's good, because with this price you don't want to be repurchasing every month. The primer makes my face feel super duper smooth, as it is supposed to do. Applying make-up is easier and I also feel that it definitely prevents my skin from getting oily throughout the day. However, my make-up doesn't necessarily last longer with this primer. It works as good as any other primer would.

Generally, I am satisfied with this primer. Now, maybe 'satisfied' doesn't really cut it for the price you pay, but if you are very specific about what ingredients you want and don't want to use on your skin (like me), this product is for you. If you don't or if you just don't have the money to spend.. there are plenty good primers out there that achieve the same effect for your make-up.

 
Like:
  • Packaging
  • Consistency
  • It has Mineral SPF15
  • Silky Smooth
  • Free of Perfume/Oil/Parabens/Sulfates/Phthalates etc. etc.
Don't like:
  • THE PRICE ... it's just too much

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!