November 6, 2014

Review: WEN Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean


I first saw WEN in a tv-commercial, when I was in New York. It promised to be a 5-in-1 product to use as shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in-conditioner. Holy Moly.. I thought: if that's true, my life is gonna be a lot easier. I didn't buy it, until I walked into a Sephora last summer & I couldn't get around it anymore. Promising silky smooth, nourished & shiny hair, I had to get it. What's the verdict??


WEN is a hair product designed by Chaz Dean, a stylist in Los Angeles. As the website says it contains the following important ingredients:
  • Glycerin: A humectant that provides moisturizing benefits to the hair.
  • Chamomile Extract: Used for its soothing and calming properties.
  • Wild Cherry Bark: Formulated to help condition the hair.
  • Rosemary Extract: Designed to soothe hair.
  • Panthenol: Designed to help strengthen hair and restore resilience.
The verdict...

I'll just cut right to the chase: I don't like it. I have been using WEN since the summer, so that's quite a while. I thought: maybe I just have to get used to it and maybe my hair has to get used to it too. But no, nothing changed.
I purchased the Sweet Almond Mint version, which..... isn't quite the smell I want to smell all day. It's a little weird. Not gross, but not something I want to smell every few days. It's a bit too much weirdness for my liking.

Besides that...
it makes my hair super duper greasy. When I use it as a conditioner it is sort of okay, but if I use it as a shampoo and then again as conditioner (that's what you're supposed to do.. use it as both), I can barely work with my hair. It gets really rough, which isn't that bad, because it adds some volume, but it get so greasy that I would have to wash it every day. Too bad, I had high hopes for this product.

Like:
  • Natural Ingredients: no harsh ingredients which is always good
  • The Packaging: I love that it is such a big bottle and it has a pump.
Don't like:
  • The Price: overpriced of course.
  • The smell: almond and mint is not the best combo.
  • Greasy hair: just.. no.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!