May 22, 2012

My Healthy Diet: Day 1

There are certain foods that are really helpful when you work out a lot. They are full of proteins, which is basically your muscle's food, and they give you energy to get as much as possible out of your workouts. If your goal is to loose weight, proteins are also essential. Proteins will make you less hungry and will burn more calories, because they stay in your body longer and so your body has to use up more energy to burn them.

Today I had a really good day of 'Fitness Foods'. I did groceries this morning and got SO much... I want to try everyting at once now haha, but I only used a few of my 'items' lol. I want to show you how I eat on a daily basis, mainly lunch and dinner/pre-/after-gym, because my breakfast is almost always the same and I already wrote about it --> here.
I really needed to get back on track after a week of no workouts, because of painful ankles. Yesterday and today I did RPM (kind of spinning workout) and my ankles feel a little better. Hopefully I can go run tomorrow :-)!!!
Anywayssssss... enjoy .. !
 
Day 1

Lunch:
Oatmeal cooked with milk and peanut butter. I added Chia Seeds, Milled Flaxseed/Almonds/Walnuts/Q10 and a banana.


Don't laugh at me, but I never made oatmeal before. In the Netherlands oatmeal isn't that common. I literally don't know anybody that makes it. So I looked up some recipes online and came up with my own creation. It tasted fabulous, so I guess I did good lol.

Pre-Gym Food:
Baked (in oven) Sweet Potato & Greek Yoghurt


OMG.. I LOVE SWEET POTATO. This again is a food that I never made before, because it isn't very common here, only among people from South-America. I just washed the potato, put foil around it and left it in the oven for 75 minutes. It came out so yummy and the Greek Yoghurt makes it taste even better. Please try .. you'll love it :-)
 

xoxo Kim

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!