May 8, 2012

Green Apple & Strawberry Protein Pancakes

Ohhhh.. how I was inspired again by honeyedapple.blogspot.com! She posted a really nice recipe for Protein Pancakes on Istagram, so today I made my own. I did it a little differently and used different ingredients, but the idea is the same :-)... delishhh
 

Ingredients (for about 4 pancakes):

3/4 cup of oatmeal
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1 tblspn chia seeds
1 tblspn hemp seeds
2 eggs
1 scoop whey protein (strawberry flavor)
1/2 cup soy milk
1 apple



I have a blender, so I put everything in and mixed it like that. Put a little coconut oil in the pan and start making pancakes. Put the mix in the pan and then press in parts of the apple (I used green apples, because I like that they are a little sour).. Of course you can use any kind of fruit .. don't have to use apples if you don't like them :-). The cottage cheese makes these pancakes so soft and creamy yummmm! To sweeten, I put a little syrup on top, but it's not necessary.. if you do, don't overdo it lol.


 

xoxo Kim

2 comments:

  1. sooo awesome!! I love us!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know right :-D!
      They're also good cold btw, I am having some right now!!

      Delete