September 9, 2012

Pink Protein Cheesecake Mini's

It's a mouthful.. literally! I have been making these Protein Cheesecakes for a while now, following the recipe of Get Fit - Feel Sexy, and since it is my BDay tomorrow I figured I'd give them a little color :-)


 
I basically always follow the recipe as a basis, but end up puting other ingredients in a lot of the times. For example the nuts in the crust you can replace with any type of nuts you like or any kind you have in your house at the moment. This time I used walnuts and almonds, but I have also used hazelnuts one time. It all turns out delicious. So, for these I have done the following:
 
Crust
 
1/2 cup of walnuts & 1/4 cup of almonds
3/4 cup of dried apricots
2 tbsp warm water
3 tbsp almond flour
 
Cheesecake
 
2 cups of plain greek yoghurt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
3 tbsp almond flour
1/2 cup of your favorite sweetener
Red food coloring
 
Go to Get Fit - Feel Sexy for instructions! Pay extra attention to 'use a tin with aluminium cupcakes' or use 'silicon ones' like I did.. ahum.. the second time. Otherwise they turn out like this:
 
 

xoxo Kim

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!