December 2, 2014

Shoplog: The Beauty Bakery

 
The Beauty Bakery is a Dutch webshop run by a very funny and beautiful Dutch girl called Angel Raterman. The Beauty Bakery makes their products by hand and uses natural ingredients like sheabutter and almond oil. If you go on their website you will be overwhelmed by all the Bath Cupcakes, Lollipop Soap and tons of Whipped Body Butter. Besides this, the Beauty Bakery make great dupes of brands like LUSH and even Chanel. I tried out a sugar scrub, facial cleanser & facial cream. Want to know what they smell like? And if I like them?


Whipped Sugar Scrub in the scent Sweet Bakery

Description: You're walking through Paris and all of a sudden you see a fairytale bakery. You're overwhelmed by the scent of freshly baked cupcakes, pies, sugarcookies, cheesecake, lemon meringue pie and petit fours with Sheabutter, Cocaobutter and Almond Oil.

I think the description is the reason I ordered this scrub, because I love foody scents! I expected the smell to be really heavy, but it is quit subtle. I have used the scrub twice and it is very nice. It is really creamy and it leaves a moisturizing layer (coming from the butters/oil), just like Buffy Body Butter from LUSH.

Facial Cleanser in Pink Frosting

Description: Almond Frosting & Sugar Cookies with fresh Watermelon and Almond Oil.

This cleanser smells exactly the same as the Snowcake soap from LUSH,
which is my favorite! It's the scent of Almond Icing and Marzipan. I have been using this cleanser for a few days. Now, I switched to only using it in the morning, when my make-up is already off, because it isn't able to get all my make-up off in the evening. It is a nice cleanser though that seems moisturizing.



Facial Cream in 1001 Nights

Description: The magical, slightly sweet, mysterieus, Eastern scent of Jasmine with Jasmine Oil and Macadamia Nut Oil.

This facial cream is whipped, so it has a really nice consistency. It's the kind of consistency you just want to put your whole hand in. The smell of the cream is really strong, which made me hesitant to put it on my face at first. However, I do like this cream as a night cream, because it seems very nourishing. I alternate between this cream and another night cream.

 
If you live in Holland you can order products from the Beauty Bakery here. If you're outside of Holland you cannot order from the webshop unfortunately, but you can still follow the Beauty Bakery and the beautiful Angel on Twitter or on Facebook for inspiration :-)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!